What We Do
Equipment Certification or Conformity Assessment from ISO/IEC 17025-accredited testing laboratories, appropriately-listed laboratories, and other approved sources.
Key access to over 200 global markets countries, with a global team of ACB regional offices, partners, agents and experts in every hemisphere.
American Certification Body has the broadest combined industry expertise in the world with Certification to the FCC Rules and Regulations our specialty, serving the industry since the year 2000.
Requests for Waiver of 5.9 GHz Band Rules to Permit Initial Deployment of Cellular Vehicle-to-Everything Technology, ET Docket No. 19-138
order DA 13-1048 FCC又批准了4家设备制造商C-V2X 豁免的申请：
Each of the Applicants’ waiver requests to deploy Cellular Vehicle-to-Everything (C-V2X) technology within the 5.895–5.925 GHz band were granted by the Bureaus.. (Dkt No 19-138). by LETTER. (DA No. 23-1048). WTB PSHSB OET.
CONSULTATION: RSS-287, issue 3 – Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB), Emergency Locator Transmitters (ELT), Personal Locator Beacons (PLB), and Maritime Survivor Locator Devices (MSLD)
ISED is seeking comments on the consultation of RSS-287, issue 3 – “Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB), Emergency Locator Transmitters (ELT), Personal Locator Beacons (PLB), and Maritime Survivor Locator Devices (MSLD)”. This standard sets out the requirements for certification of:
- Emergency position indicating radio beacons (EPIRBs)
- Emergency locator transmitters (ELTs)
- Personal locator beacons (PLBs)
- Maritime survivor locator devices (MSLDs).
Comments are due no later than January 12th, 2024.
FCC Questions and Answers:
Question: What guidance is available for labeling and user information for RF devices?
Guidelines for labeling and user information for RF devices are contained in the following attachments:
- 784748 D01 Labeling Part 15 18 Guidelines v09r02 provides general guidance for labeling and user information.
- 784748 D02 e labeling v02r01 provides guidelines for displaying label information electronically (e-label).
New standards published by ETSl in November 2023
Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS); ITS ITS-G5 Access layer in the 5 GHz frequency band; Release 2
Technical characteristics and methods of measurement for equipment for generation, transmission and reception of Digital Selective Calling (DSC) in the maritime MF, MF/HF and/or VHF mobile service; Part 6: Class M DSC
Two specific items to remember for MIC (Japan certification)
- Calibration of test equipment: It must be checked that the calibration of test equipment used during the testing is calibrated with an interval of 1 year maximum. There must be either a calibrated date + calibration due date noted in the test report or there must be a clear note, when only due dates are noted, that the calibration interval is 1 year max.
- Environmental conditions during testing: In any case, test reports used for Japan certification need to note the environmental conditions during testing such as ambient temperature and relative humidity.
Training and Seminars
Our seminars are presented to designers, developers and testers of wireless products. As the technologies evolve, the regulations for measurement and certification of wireless products are constantly evolving and creating challenges for electronics industry. Keeping abreast of these changes and the nuances of the regulations is critical for speeding electronics products’ time-to-market. Fierce competition from rival developers creates additional pressure to design the devices for compliance with the regulatory requirements and “getting it right the first time.”
- Learn the FCC Certification Requirements
- Learn the latest FCC and ISED Canada Rules and Regulations
- Hear from the experts on FCC and ISED interpretations
- Understand the requirements of the European RED / EMC and discuss recent activity.
- Interact and exchange with your colleagues in the compliance/regulatory industry
Fast Certification services for Wireless Products
American Certification Body (ACB) provides Certification for Wireless Devices. We can support you for global market access for your electronic devices, including US/FCC, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong, Asia and European Approvals (CE Marking) for Licensed and Unlicensed wireless products. We work with our clients around the world and around the clock. We understand your time to market concerns and we realize that Certifications are an important timing issue for all manufacturers. Contact us anytime. Certification questions and inquiries are welcome.
ACB is your source for radio equipment authorizations including 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth, frequency hopping spread spectrum, digital transmission systems, WiFi, WiMax, GSM, CDMA, WCDMA, HSPA (HSDPA, HSUPA), marine, aviation, land-mobile, OFDM, point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, EPIRB, PLB, BPL, PDA, radar, ISM devices, Smart Phones, and broadcasting equipment. Nearly all devices which use radio frequency energy, from garage door openers to microwave broadcast towers, are eligible for Certification through ACB. Specific Absorption Rate (SAR), Maximum Permissible Exposure (MPE) and Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC) evaluations are provided as part of our total Certification package.
ACB e-file system
Register to securely upload exhibit files (for example: test report, photos, SAR report, block diagram) to support applications you create with our system.
Once registered, you can create applications for FCC, ISED Certifications, Japan/MIC Approvals and Notified Body opinions (CE Mark).
After you create your application (by filling out an online form) and upload files, the ACB customer service and engineering staff will update your project as it moves through the review process.
To help guide you through the certification process, we offer forms and documents to help complete your filing where applicable. Various types of approvals can each require a different set of supporting forms and/or documents. If you have any questions or require any assistance simply contact our customer service staff.
For your convenience, online payment is also available via our e-file certification system.